New Q5 purchase from a Newbie !

davmo

Hi all,

Just signed up to this very interesting forum. Have spent many hours comparing various SUVs and am seriously considering the purcahse of a new Q5 to replace a VW Tiguan.

The model I am considering is a 2.o TDI Sport S Tronic ; Options will be;

Virtual Cockpit; Door Mirror folding; High beam assit; Sun Roof; Tech pack; Tour Pack;.....as you can see comfort is my main aim in purchase and I intend to keep this car for some time.

One option I am considering is Air Suspension and would be very grateful if any member who has this option fitted wether it is worth adding to my ,now,  growing and expensive list. I very rarely go off-road and if I do it will be the occasional field [in summer] or on grass verges etc. However as we all know the Uk roads are not exactly smooth...so will this be worth it just for the comfort of UK roads?

Any help guys would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum David, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

youve chosen a lively set of options especially the virtual cockpit and sunroof 🙂 bare in mind you might wait longer for delivery due to the sunroof. 

air suspension is great and absorbs the bumps nicely, plus the act you can adjust nthe ride height depending on the driving conditions. However if you intend bto keep the car for a very long time, ie 10-15 years for example then be prepared that the compressor or air bag(s) will fail at some point and these are costly to replace. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve for the welcome and for your comments....yes look foward to contacting other members soon.

I have been informed a wait period of 6 months ...so back end of this year presumably which is a fair wait ...so need to pin down a deal with both cost of new car and part ex etc.

It would seem that as soon as I mention the Tour pack   i.e. adaptive cruise control [ which i have in my current car] then suddenly the wait is slighly longer !!...not many people order this option which i find very useful in day to day driving.

Anyone any idea of approx wait for new Q5 this year??.... would be very helpful to find out.

Cheers

David 

18 hours ago, davmo said:

Thanks Steve for the welcome and for your comments....yes look foward to contacting other members soon.

I have been informed a wait period of 6 months ...so back end of this year presumably which is a fair wait ...so need to pin down a deal with both cost of new car and part ex etc.

It would seem that as soon as I mention the Tour pack   i.e. adaptive cruise control [ which i have in my current car] then suddenly the wait is slighly longer !!...not many people order this option which i find very useful in day to day driving.

Anyone any idea of approx wait for new Q5 this year??.... would be very helpful to find out.

Cheers

David 

You're welcome David 🙂

wow, that is a fair wait! Id like to think it'll be ready before then 🙂 the colour you choose can also affect the delivery time. 

cheers 

Steve

Welcome to the forums:yahoo:

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Paul