Help! I'm new to Audi cars

Agentmatt

Hi All, 

New to the forum and new to Audi cars.  

I'm currently looking to get a Q7 and have found one local to me.  However, I would like some advice if I should go for it or stay clear.  

Car Details:  Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 

Reg: 2006

Miles: 119.000

Yesterday It was on for £8,995, but I just checked and it's now £9,995.  😢

Any guidance would be great.  

Thanks all

Hello Matt, 

Thanks for being in touch. Others may be able to advise you on whether you should buy this particular car or not from the detail you have given, but for me, I would need to know much more:- 

Service history - full or part, when last serviced. Number of owners, how long has the last one owned it. Is it a garage sale or private. Full extent of warranty offered if garage sale. Part exchange deal or not. All of this is so important before even inspecting the car itself. 

Re. the all important inspection, are you sufficiently knowledgeable to assess the car's condition yourself? If not, If it were me, I would not entertain buying any car without professional advice.

Perhaps you could fill in some of the gaps or us Matt.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth, 

Thanks for coming back.   

Here's some more details regarding the Q7 I was thinking of.  

Full Service History (6 Services by Audi Main Agent & 1 Independent @ 118K )

Last owned by a Doctor since July 2010

MOT Expires OCT 2018 (With no Advisories)

Garage Sale.  

Warranty by a company called 'The Autogroup'.  

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this, so sorry if this is against forum rules, but here is the URL for the car in question. 

https://www.highburymotors.co.uk/used-cars/audi-q7-3-0-tdi-s-line-quattro-5dr-bristol-201801192886093  

Hello Matt,

Sounds great, but personally, I would want to see all the paperwork to substantiate the claims.

I really don't want to spoilt any excitement with this, and I am not forming any judgement on any side, but it might be worth looking up the reviews on the dealer and indeed what is believed to be their previous trading name of Zone Cars and possibly something else before that. 

Please let me repeat Matt that I am not saying any of these reviews are meaningful, but have a look and form your own conclusion .

Again with apologies for repeating, but if you don't fully (in capitals) understand the ins and outs of vehicle inspection and this particular model, then I would strongly advise you to 'buy in' some assistance with its inspection. However much it costs in the short term, it could save you much more in the longer term.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. It might pay dividends to contact said doctor's surgery and ask if it is possible to get message to him. The true story lies there. 

Some great advice above, just to add the prep on the car is terrible imo, I'd be embarrassed to show those photos, also the fact the owner was a Dr means little if anything imo.

The parking sensors look a bit tired and worse for wear, I'd guess there may be other bits the same like the wheels could do with a refurb, all leverage for negotiation.

Do you know the registration so you can check the MOT history?

If you do go ahead I'd personally ask for a fresh MOT at a local garage of your choice (not one they suggest/use) 

How does it compare with similar spec/mileage Q7's?

Good luck with it in any case.