Drive system: malfunction! Please contact Service.

JQ5

Hi All

just had the cruise control disengage and this pop up as the car lost all acceleration 

Drive system: malfunction! Please contact Service.

a yellow warning triangle ⚠️ 

A yellow graphic of the car with an arrow pointing down onto it. 

Relaised that earlier today the air con was not cold at all. Not even a bit cold when put on LO setting. 

WTF! car less than a year old and lost all power - limp

mode til I got home - sitting in the drive and in shock this just happened to a new car!!!

Hi Steve,

i don’t have diagnostic tools or app, called audi roadside assist. They wanted to send an AA guy but I requested an Audi tech who’ll be here tomorrow. 

Apparently- from a web search, this is a fan relay software fault which is intermittent but known about by Audi and they are still looking for a software patch to resolve it. 

Thats why my air con hasn’t been cold for a week. Just normail air temperature pumped out! 

The cars brains puts it into limp mode to force the driver to take it to a service centre. 

Went out a little while ago and the alarm is gone from the binnicle and my MMI app just shows an alert for low washer fluid but not the ‘Drive system malfunction’ alert anymore - so, I hope his diagnostic tool highlights the prior alert and they book the car in for a full check. 

I’ll update this thread with their updates 👍🥃😎 

By the way - this forum on the phone is a pain with all the adverts! 

I cant manoeuvre around it very easily 

Can this site be updated and brought into 2018 with less adverts and a better web page for a phone? 

🤗🤣🎉🤪👍🥃🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗👍🥃

Hello Jay,

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Of course, fortunately your car is still under warranty and you simply do not have to concern yourself about what causes what fault, but just leave that to the Audi dealership to diagnose and repair free of charge. In fact, I think there is a general and understandable dislike on their part if owners try to inform them of causes rather than simply and clearly outlining the symptoms. 

Re. the site being a pain to post on :- I must say in my experience, the administrators and moderators work extremely hard to ensure the site runs to the benefit of all those who post on here, and as I understand it and appreciate, the revenue from advertising is essential to allow that to happen - i.e. posters can post on here without charge, and are able to benefit from free advice, so it cannot be all that bad! 

Good luck with Audi sorting out your problems,

Kind regards,

Gareth.

5 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Jay,

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Of course, fortunately your car is still under warranty and you simply do not have to concern yourself about what causes what fault, but just leave that to the Audi dealership to diagnose and repair free of charge. In fact, I think there is a general and understandable dislike on their part if owners try to inform them of causes rather than simply and clearly outlining the symptoms. 

Re. the site being a pain to post on :- I must say in my experience, the administrators and moderators work extremely hard to ensure the site runs to the benefit of all those who post on here, and as I understand it and appreciate, the revenue from advertising is essential to allow that to happen - i.e. posters can post on here without charge, and are able to benefit from free advice, so it cannot be all that bad! 

Good luck with Audi sorting out your problems,

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thank you for your kind words Gareth and you're right. The reason why the club is free is because of the advertising. We can get rid of the adverts If members are happy to pay for membership? 

14 hours ago, JQ5 said:

By the way - this forum on the phone is a pain with all the adverts! 

I cant manoeuvre around it very easily 

Can this site be updated and brought into 2018 with less adverts and a better web page for a phone? 

🤗🤣🎉🤪👍🥃🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗👍🥃

I use the website all the time on.my phone without issue to be fair. 

Hi All,

Sorry for my earlier spleen vent, the site is cool. 

My bone of contention was with my new car having such a major problem as I work as a contractor miles away, taking time off to bring a new car with 5k on the clock, to a far away dealership because it can’t be driven above 20mph, then waiting around to have it booked in and all that malarkey, then collecting it - costs me money each time, It’s not like I get paid when I’m traveling to, from or in an Audi dealership. Wish I did tho. Would be easy money  🤣

The Audi tech said its fooked - 2 major electical faults and turbo boost failure so even though it’s under warranty it’s still a pain to have to deal with this scenario on a new vehicle. 

At least they will repair and give me peace of mind I won’t have the same !Removed! flapping moment again when the car instantly drops from 70mph to 53mph with no prior warning. No acceleration to get out of the way and no brake lights warning the car behind that I’m drastically slowing down within seconds for no known cause  

I appreciate the site is funded by advertising and probably mediated and managed by good hearted people for free. 

It was just a silly moan on a verybad day when it was hot, my car died and I had to limp back home with no air con, no acceleration and a dreadful thought my pride and joy was ruined. 

Onwards and upwards 👍🥃

We all get off days Jay and sometimes its good to rant on about stuff nowt worse then when your car is sick though no fault of your own, to be honest Audi as big as they are should look after their car owners better, as in THEY should sort out collecting your car and leaving you a courtesy car as they have already told you its fooked from their visit so you should not be losing money cos they certainly ARE not losing money  

15 hours ago, JQ5 said:

Hi All,

Sorry for my earlier spleen vent, the site is cool. 

My bone of contention was with my new car having such a major problem as I work as a contractor miles away, taking time off to bring a new car with 5k on the clock, to a far away dealership because it can’t be driven above 20mph, then waiting around to have it booked in and all that malarkey, then collecting it - costs me money each time, It’s not like I get paid when I’m traveling to, from or in an Audi dealership. Wish I did tho. Would be easy money  🤣

The Audi tech said its fooked - 2 major electical faults and turbo boost failure so even though it’s under warranty it’s still a pain to have to deal with this scenario on a new vehicle. 

At least they will repair and give me peace of mind I won’t have the same !Removed! flapping moment again when the car instantly drops from 70mph to 53mph with no prior warning. No acceleration to get out of the way and no brake lights warning the car behind that I’m drastically slowing down within seconds for no known cause  

I appreciate the site is funded by advertising and probably mediated and managed by good hearted people for free. 

It was just a silly moan on a verybad day when it was hot, my car died and I had to limp back home with no air con, no acceleration and a dreadful thought my pride and joy was ruined. 

Onwards and upwards 👍🥃

Dont worry about it Jay, we all get days like that and I wouldn't be happy if it had happened to me. With the nature of the failure on the car I would expect them to go above and beyond. 

I think your only option is to get them to pick up and collect your Audi and bring you a courtesy car at the same time. 

I hope it gets fixed quickly for you 🙂

we are always looking at ways of improving the site and any suggestions are welcome. Excluding the ads unfortunately, we can't do anything about them I'm affraid.

cheers

Steve

Car not being worked on until Wednesday. 

Apparently water pump failure. 

When I asked where the water comes from as I don’t add any. I was told coolant pump failure. 

I didn’t mention the tracker on my car registered them driving the car at 85mph on 30mph roads and driving it around the local roads back and forth, and then for a 6.6 mile journey to a local picnic spot. Which shouldn’t have been required if they had already diagnosed the failure via diagnostic tools. 

Lastly. I’ll be going there tomorrow to use my spare key and download the dashcam footage. 

I can understand test drives after replacing the pump. Not before. 

7 minutes ago, JQ5 said:

I didn’t mention the tracker on my car registered them driving the car at 85mph on 30mph roads

What cowboys have your car, i would confront them and take your car out of their hands and find a trustworthy garage as soon as possible i would not let them do any work and if they want payment for work already done show them 2 fingers

Can’t wait to see the dashcam footage 

I know they’ll say they were test drives to diagnose the fault. 

If that is the case, why so many tests at high speed on public roads. 

Use a rolling road for tests like this! 

I’m just trying to stay cool and be a devils advocate at the moment. The dashcam on the front is the one of most interest to me as it’s not too obvious and built into the rear view mirror. Hopefully as it’s hardwired in they didn’t turn it off. I know there is no need to do so much mileage in car with a drive system malfunction alert.

ill be checking the whole car - which was in showroom condition, when I go tomorrow.  

Okay. 

Been to the dealership. 

The reason my app showed low battery on the car is because they left the ignition on all night - I now have approx 70 x 5 minute videos of the bonnet up and no movement whilst the garage was closed overnight. 

Also some nice videos of their driving, talking about my car and guessing what might be wrong. 

The worst part, is knowing my battery was almost drained - ignition / coils etc just heating up for no reason until 10am the next day. 

Will copy all videos onto my laptop then put the cams back later. 

Ok. Battery died at 04.15am as they somehow left the ignition on all day and night  

they jump started it at 8.15am when they came into the garage  

Have footage on laptop of them then driving car with an awful noise coming from the engine bay - which wasn’t there when I drove the car. 

Ive put the memory cards back and will see what my tracker tells me next! 

Ok. The memory card started wiping older files as 90 videos of the car with bonnet up were recorded overnight - that’s the first batch of videos on the 24th May.  Battery died at 04.15am 25th May.

They somehow left the ignition on all day and night  - maybe left the door open? 

The Audi tech then jump started it at 8.15am when they came into the garage, leaves the battery to a charger for 2 hours and takes but and pieces apart but does nothing else  

Have footage on laptop of them then driving car with an awful noise coming from the engine bay - which wasn’t there when I drove the car. Then they park it’s up and leave it get covered with bird droppings until I came along today on the 27th  May  

Ive put the memory cards back in the cams. and will see what my tracker tells me next! 

HI Paul,

It’s an Audi dealership!

car was plastered with bird crap too!

so I’ve emailed them to clean it off ASAP as that’s what my lifeshine guarantee demands. Not to leave bird poo on the paintwork. 

They will have to pay a fair few pounds to the hire company for the car I have. 

33787023-330E-4CE9-92BF-8853A00C2262.jpeg

omfg a dealership and they treat you and your car this way when this is over name and shame them no way they should be joyriding in your car