HELP!! my car is making an awful noise!!!

Toni

Hello I’m after some advice/support I have an Audi A1 2015 Tdi 52k on the clock! It went into the garage for suspected fuel pump after making a loud high pitch noise from drivers side rear! Got into the car to drive today and it’s making the same noise, it’s intermittent doe st happen all the time and can happen when the car is hot or cold, once I turn the car off the noise goes!!! Attached file hoping someone may know the garage don’t have a clue and are keeping my car and running it until it makes the noise again! Luckily it’s under warranty 

thank you 

• 3 years later...

Hello Aimee,

Many thanks for being in touch. Unfortunately, the original poster hasn’t returned to the forum since joining some three and a half years ago. 
You could sent him a PM in the hope that he will reply, and that indeed his noise was due to the same cause as yours. 
l’m sure you will appreciate that it is going to be something of a long shot for anyone to diagnose the cause without road testing and inspecting the car.

If this were mine, I would be booking the car in to your trusted local garage, or Audi independent and getting the car checked with the minimum of delay - the car is trying to tell you something, and the origin of the noise should be traceable on inspection.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Aimee.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

4 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Aimee,

Many thanks for being in touch. Unfortunately, the original poster hasn’t returned to the forum since joining some three and a half years ago. 
You could sent him a PM in the hope that he will reply, and that indeed his noise was due to the same cause as yours. 
l’m sure you will appreciate that it is going to be something of a long shot for anyone to diagnose the cause without road testing and inspecting the car.

If this were mine, I would be booking the car in to your trusted local garage, or Audi independent and getting the car checked with the minimum of delay - the car is trying to tell you something, and the origin of the noise should be traceable on inspection.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Aimee.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you Gareth, I am going to get it checked asap. I was hoping for some indication as it’s a noise I haven’t heard before. A trusted mechanic I spoke with earlier believes it to be the fuel pump that needs replacing. I will update when I know for anyone else who may be looking.

Aimee.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Calum it was the fuel pump, I had it taken out and put back in a few times as the replacement parts weren’t correct, the original one going back in a third time and the noise stopped. The garage thinks there was probably something stuck in it that got dislodged while being moved about. It hasn’t made the noise since.

Jaype.

16 minutes ago, Jaype1 said:

Calum it was the fuel pump, I had it taken out and put back in a few times as the replacement parts weren’t correct, the original one going back in a third time and the noise stopped. The garage thinks there was probably something stuck in it that got dislodged while being moved about. It hasn’t made the noise since.

Jaype.

Glad you got sorted 🙂