New Audi Owner I need advice. A3 2009 S-line

A3wagon

Hello,

I am just about to purchase an A3 S-line (2009 Audi A3 4dr HB AT DSG 2.0T Quattro Premium). It has 243,000km on the car and almost all of those are highway driving or small town driving. There is almost no rust on the car and the mechanic who usually maintains the car said it is in good shape. 

What are the problems that I could expect to have on this type of car? Are there things that are 100% guaranteed to break on the a3 2009 model? What is the usual cost of maintenance for these cars? Is this car easy to repair at home?

I have owned a 1987 300td Mercedes wagon for the last 8 years so I can repair most issues with it and how no problem working around the car. But the audi is much newer and has a completely different electrical system.

Thanks for your advice and help.

Welcome to the forum Derek, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

You'll need to see when the cambelt and water pump were last changed as this can be a costly repair. Also if the car you're looking at has xenon headlights, make sure all the bulbs work as the bulbs and headlights can be expensive to replace. 

Here's a YouTube video which may help:

Cheers

Steve