How to bleed heatercore?

AudiP

Evening all, I've searched all over the Interweb but for the life of me I cannot find how to bleed my heatercore.

I have a 2008 A6 2.0Tdi with gurgling behind the dash when heat is on. I can find every other model besides this one.

So please if anyone knows the answer I'd be very much grateful.

All the best.

Hello Paul,

I really don't think I am going to be able to give you a specific answer to this, but at best, a pointer and a question so perhaps someone with direct experience of this engine, will be able to help.

Apologies if this is the bleeding (pardon the pun!) obvious, but I assume you have the heater on the maximum temp. setting, you have the engine running and up to temperature , and you are squeezing the input and outlet pipes to the heater, which should both be equally hot. (Of course respecting all the safety requirements). If there is air in the heater then you should feel it passing through the pipes. Finally find the engine coolant bleed point/s and bleed off any air - again with caution. Where these are on this engine?? 

Final question:- had you drained the coolant before this problem arose? If not, I wonder if this is some sort of heater control fault. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.