Gardx

mikeejf

Hi all. First post here.

I picked up my brand new Audi last month and was convinced to have gardx by the dealer.

After a week I noticed water just sat on my car either after rain, washing or first thing in the morning when every other car on my street shed water. The thing that sold it to me was I was told that water wouldn't sit and would sheet off.

I told the dealer and they booked it back in for a re apply. Took them 2 and a half hours to apply. I spoke to a pro detailer and he thinks that's a bit quick.

Anyway, the same thing happens. Water just sits. Even when driving water sits and doesn't sheet off. It's especially anoying on the rear window as there is not rear wash wipe.

Does anyone know if Gardx is ment to shed water and also how long it should take to apply?

Maybe I'm expecting to much. I have attached a pic of the type of sitting water I get.

Thanks Mike

20180513_095415.jpg

From my experience paint protection should take longer to apply than 2 hours but from what I've seen dealers rush the process. 

I think the water should just bead on the car and not run off but I could be wrong. 

My advice would be to ring gardx directly to get their advice.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks. I was sold under the impression it sheeted off. I contacted gardex and they told me to speak to the dealer. Very un helpful.

I don't want beading as it dries to leave water spots.

Well if that's how it was some to.you.then naturally.its what you'd expect. 

Keep us posted on.how you get on with.the dealer because if it's not doing what you were told then it's mis-selling.

Cheers

Steve