Help Needed Blower Motor

ShahAli

Hi Guys, my blower motor is not working. I recall a few weeks ago i turned the switch on and after 3-4 mins it started to work. Strange i thought.. now for the last week not working at all.

WHAT I HAVE DONE:

I checked all the fuses and they seem ok (The one on the right side of the steering)

I assumed probably blower motor or loose connection, so purchased a new one with same fitment from eurocarpats with 30% discount so around £75. I took the glove compartment apart and the 2 sockets connected to it  and also the 2 wire plug going to the motor. Installed new motor and not working. 

I then checked t he 12v supply with the fan on full and no supply going to the motor. 

When i switch the fan switch on i think ican hear the relay going clinck and when i  turn off it clicks as well. So now i am  stuck. Any ideas..?

ALSO now the Airbag light is permanently on. not sure what could have triggered that as i did plug both the cabled into the glove compartment.

Lastly washer pump not working. i am thinking to repalce that and hope all of this is not related.

Any thoughts or ideas chaps?

Thanks 

• 3 months later...

Fixed it in the end. 

If anyone has this issue: 1) Blower motor nor working AND Front windscreen washer not working, then the issue is the X (CROSS) RELAY number 86. This is a cube like relay that is found UNDER the right side of the steering dashboard.  You need to take the dashboard off and then you will see 2 Cross Relays labelled 86. swap them over and your blower and washer will work. Genuine replacements are about £15 but secondhand ones are like £7.

#

well.. that was another story... none of the people told me this BUT in checking and trying to falsely fix the blower motor i tripped the airbag device. This has to be reset via code/OBD/VAGcom. i don't have one so may have to pay. 

What people should told us all is how to change/fix/inspect the blower motor without tripping the airbag. There is away . i cannot recall, i think it may be by deactivating it OR not turning the ignition on at some point, i have come across it but cannot recall what it was i should have done prior.

Don't get me wrong, fixing the X relay and finding the solution took best part of a month and multiple searches- Until then i ordered new motor, kept on checking fuses, kept on checking wiring and also voltage across multiple wires!  . i found out by accident by looking at an Australian guy with similar problem on his Skoda octavia..! I thought i had 2 issues (blower and water pump) but actually all is find but relay dead!