Central locking issues

Ramjam

Hey all,

My old mans Audi A3 8P is having a bit of an issue with the central locking on the rear right door. When you unlock the car with the remote it unlocks three of the doors and not the rear right. We replaced the locking mechanism and this has not solved the issue. We can hear the new unit clicking when the key is pressed. It also locks correctly. 

The door can still be unlocked by pulling the internal handle. 

We have checked the cables at the plug break going into the door and all seems okay with no visible signs of damage/chaffing/broken. The window motor works correctly, as well as the speaker.

We are at a loss now as not sure what it could be, I would check for continuity of the cables but without the wiring diagrams available this is a struggle. 

The drivers door also sometimes doesn’t lock using the fob, however this is intermittent. 

What do you guys think could be the issue?

Cheers

RamJam

I have this same issue on my drivers door. If you look on an OBD scanner it will throw up a couple error codes, after resetting them it worked fine for a bit but then after a while went back to how it was previously. Ive seen people replacing the locking mechanism and the issue persist so not too sure what causes it our how to solve it for good. 

17 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

James.

Wiring diagrams can be found on-line.

I can’t find a wiring diagram for a 8P central locking system. Just seem to be getting diagrams that are not relevant