Advice Required - Can i move battery slighlty without disconnecting it

TaraR

Hi, im just wondering if anyone can help. I have a Audi a1 S Line.

At the weekend, I bought some dog biscuits and put them in my boot. Unknown to me, there was a hole in the bag which mean most the biscuits had fallen out and gone down into where the battery is. I have managed to get most of them out however there is still some under he battery. My question is, I need to slightly get under the batter to hoover the remaining biscuits but don't want to disconnect it as I know I will need a code for the sat nav radio etc. Will there be enough leeway to move the battery slightly to remove the biscuits? They have gone soggy and the smell is horrendous! Thank you!  

Welcome to the forum and Tara, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

its definitely worth trying to see if you can move the battery whilst it's still connected but there won't be much wiggle room in my opinion. 

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, thank you for your response & Friendly welcome.

If this fails and I cant get under it to clean and I have to disconnect, where do I get the codes from?

Thanks again

On 6/21/2018 at 11:51 AM, TaraR said:

Hi Steve, thank you for your response & Friendly welcome.

If this fails and I cant get under it to clean and I have to disconnect, where do I get the codes from?

Thanks again

You're most welcome, and sorry for a delayed reply. 

The codes should be in your handbook at the front I believe. In failing that getting the code from Audi is a likely option.

Cheers

Steve

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello Tara,

Tommy's got a good point. 

If that fails, and moving the battery is the only option, then I would be tempted to go to a trusted local garage who will have a simple device which links a slave battery into your system usually via. the cigarette lighter or similar point. The existing battery an then be removed and the surrounding area cleaned. No need to ensure you have the codes etc. if it's done this way.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Thanks 1

Hi thank you all for your comments. I managed to sort it out. I took my car to a family friend and they took a look for me. Turns out there is plug like feature underneath the car. In the end He got a airline thing on it to pressure the biscuits to move down the plug and the biscuits came out from underneath the car. I wasn’t able to just hoover them as they went soggy and went into gaps the hoover wouldn’t reach. 

Thanks again for your help, I won’t be making this mistake again!