Q7 newish owner req. help and advice

Tommyball77

Hi all 

quick introduction by me. 

Bought myself a Q7 2007 3.0 TDI back in September 2017. Top spec, every extra. It’s running around 140k now and I !Removed! love the bus! As do the kids and mrs. 

I carry out most of the maintenance myself. I’m a chartered engineer and I’m a massive car enthusiast, completed the majority of my own issues since I was a young teen. 

My previous car was a 535d and although I do miss the raw power, the q7 is my baby now and I will run it for many many years. Fingers crossed 

I’ve had a couple of problems with it. Passenger wiper arm snapped on a rainy winters day. Headlamp bulbs blew (gosh they were pricey). Going through 21” tyres like no tomorrow and just changes pads and discs all round. 

So no problems I suppose. Just general upkeep. However, I’ve just got a low oil pressure alarm. I’ve read some horror stories and current situation is...I’ve ordeted a new oil pressure switch/sensor. (Can anyone shed any light on its location on the car?) I hope it’s just a quick sensor change and I’m good. I have an oil change booked in too for next week. 

I have read horror stories about the oil pump though? Anyone shed any light on this?