Hire cars in Mallorca/Cala D'or

Joe Cott

Just a bit of info from my son in law;

He took my daughter & kids to Cala D'or for a week or so & wanted a car occasionally.

Brand new MX5 1.5 autos & brand new Audi A3 1.5TFSI autos.

Both cars £45 a day including insurance. cheaper for a week obviously.

sounds like a bargain to me for a casual hire.

Bit of advice....watch out for the hidden extras...insurance waivers, taking huge amounts for deposit from your credit card, etc.

Other stories I know of are when they take a huge deposit and (mysteriously!) your car gets damaged in a bodged break in then they take the deposit and if you have the waiver insurance then you can claim it back retrospectively but they have the deposit money and they are happy with that outcome. Usually turns out to be someone tipped off by the car hire company that is behind it and especially if they are aware of where it is parked (villa, hotel, etc).

Sometimes, it pays to organise the car from the UK and not out in Spain and take out the insurance waiver with it.

Sorry to be pessimistic but I know of quite a few cases of this occurring.

Good advice Trevor; luckily he is fanatical about bodywork & made them inspect every inch of paintwork with him before driving off.

• Like 1