Audi MMI Connect / WiFi Hotspot Help!!

Hi, I am trying to use my car (Audi S3 2017 S/back) as a WiFi hotspot so I can watch YouTube videos etc from the cars WiFi. I have bought an O2 data sim rather than going through cubic telecom as they’re prices are crazy. However I can’t seem to set it up my phone connects but shows no data connection. Is this possible or do I have to go through cubic telecom? Thanks in advance. Jack

Have you checked the APN is correct in the settings page for the Car SIM?

Under phone settings if I recall right - normally get auto set but something may be stopping it getting the config message through.

Does the SIM have a PIN code on it?

Do you see the SIM reporting coverage / service in the bottom right of the screen next to your paired Phone Handset?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 2:27 PM, Envy said:

Have you checked the APN is correct in the settings page for the Car SIM?

Under phone settings if I recall right - normally get auto set but something may be stopping it getting the config message through.

Does the SIM have a PIN code on it?

Do you see the SIM reporting coverage / service in the bottom right of the screen next to your paired Phone Handset?

hI Iv just joined this site,  I have Audi A4 s line on 2008 plate!  Im looking for parts!  Im a bit stuck on the specifications!  like how do I know if its B7 and so on.  I rang Audi but they wont give any info.  Anybody who can help with this I would appreciate Thanks 

Hi Sandra - there are B7 and B8 forums on here https://www.audiownersclub.com/forums/forum/72-audi-a4-b7-forum/

This will get you to folk that will know more...

Shame Audi have been so uncooperative - with registration plate you should be able to identify make model and version. Chassis number in outside bottom right of windscreen  will also ID car details 

• Like 1