Passenger Door Scuff - Repair vs Replace

vik1

Hi,

Was hoping someone who is cleverer than me can give me some advice please.

I bought my A6 back last September  for £5,000.00. It has 75k miles and 2008 condition was okay despite a few minor scratches on it, so thought I got a good deal.  After  buying the car  I learned that the passenger door doesn't initially open from the outside after un-locking the car, it only opens from the outside after you open it from the inside (if that makes sense). Despite this I was still proud of my car. In December I was trying to park and scraped it against a concrete post lol. The passenger side door has a massive scuff on it. Tried using T cut but no good as it went through the paint. 

The scuff is pretty bad and embarrassing if I'm honest, and I think it makes it less marketable if I ever were to sell it so I'd like to get this repaired. The best quote I've got to repair this is £250 from chips away. The door lock issue is frustrating but I can live with it but like the other issue it makes it less marketable. The best quote I've received for this £200. A part of me is thinking just get them both repaired, but that's a lot of money.

What would you do if you were in my situation?  Would you pay for the repairs? Sell the car? Replace the door?

Thanks for your help!

Vik

IMG-3840.JPG