Bluetooth Audio in the C7?

redrook

Having decided that an A4 avant is probably not going to be big enough for my needs, I'm looking to potentially pull the trigger on a C7 avant some time in the next year or so. I'll be looking at a pre-facelift most likely, and bluetooth audio streaming is top of my wish list. I see in the brochures etc that bluetooth phone connectivity was standard, does that include playing music?

If not, did any of the MMI systems have that option? I know there was an MMI and an MMI Nav Plus, which had the bigger screen. Nav isn't that important to me, but I'd look for the better MMI system if it came with audio streaming.

Also, the brochure seems to indicate that an aux-in was standard in 2012, is that true?

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, redrook said:

Having decided that an A4 avant is probably not going to be big enough for my needs, I'm looking to potentially pull the trigger on a C7 avant some time in the next year or so. I'll be looking at a pre-facelift most likely, and bluetooth audio streaming is top of my wish list. I see in the brochures etc that bluetooth phone connectivity was standard, does that include playing music?

If not, did any of the MMI systems have that option? I know there was an MMI and an MMI Nav Plus, which had the bigger screen. Nav isn't that important to me, but I'd look for the better MMI system if it came with audio streaming.

Also, the brochure seems to indicate that an aux-in was standard in 2012, is that true?

Cheers!

I'm sure it'll connect to Bluetooth but you'll need an MMI connection lead to plug in your music device if you want high quality music reproduction. My 2017 doesn't much like using Bluetooth for music feed.

9 hours ago, Beezil said:

I'm sure it'll connect to Bluetooth but you'll need an MMI connection lead to plug in your music device if you want high quality music reproduction. My 2017 doesn't much like using Bluetooth for music feed.

Your A6 C7 should have USB ports in the Centre Console - mine has 2 one for Phone and the other I have a USB drive in with Albums on. More music than HMV and more than I will ever listen to in one journey. 

Once you connect your phone via the cars Bluetooth and then when you want to play music press the media button on the mmi controls until it says Bluetooth then either press play on your phone for a specific album/playlist or the car just starts playing random songs from your phone, i always use the Bluetooth streaming for music and never had an issue with connectivity or quality 

hope this helps 😀