So, I've been looking to replace my dash cam for the past week or so now. Not really a much-needed upgrade or anything, just giving my current Thinkware f100 dash cam to my nephew as a gift for passing his test. Excellent bit of kit and it's served me well, but now that I'll be purchasing a new one, I'm looking at getting the best on the market I can possibly get. I feel as though once you get up to a certain price range of vehicle, depending on what it is, a dash cam is a must-have really. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been doing plenty of research myself, just keen to see what suggestions people have here in the club. As I'm looking at purchasing a high end dash cam I feel it's important to hear what others have to say rather than just reading (usually paid) reviews etc. I expect this will give a more realistic picture as to what I'm spending my money on. 

I'll also let you guys know what I think of whatever dash cam I end up buying. 

Cheers in advance lads, 

Scott. 

4 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

i have the Thinkware f770 front and back cams does what i want and been happy with it.

Cheers for the reply Paul mate. How much was it and where did you buy them from?

18 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

Excellent stuff. I think that may be one of the most upmarket dash cams I've seen around at the moment, the reviews all seem to be full of praise too. Have you ever owned any other dash cams?

Ah okay - cheers for the feedback. Nextbase make pretty similar dash cams within the same sort of price range but some of the reviews I've seen are mixed. On the one hand there's people saying they're amazing and high quality but on the other hand there's people saying they're inconsistent and buggy. 

Has anyone reading this ever purchased/owned one? Would love to hear an opinion from this forum...

15 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

Nextbase 312gw is good and less than 100£. I have one for 2 years hardwired to the fusebox. Never a problem

Hi Piotr, cheers for the response mate. Has it really lasted you that long? That sounds way better than what I'd expected. If you've ever owned any other dash cams, how does it compare?

Cheers, 

Scott. 

I had few including some cheap eBay stuff. But but 312gw is best i had. Its records well without any issues, you can connect your phone via wifi to view or downolad footage , or just plug it to a pc. Very wide 140 degree angle camera with good fps 

It has never let me down so i can recomend 

Actually i might be selling mine if you are intrested as i want to have 512gw + rear cam attachment. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, just as a little update, I did some more searching around and ended up splashing out on the best possible dash cam I could find. I had a look at some Mio dash cams which look excellent but I don't really need the sat nav feature, so I decided to stick with Thinkware. 

Expensive little piece of kit but well worth the money. Funnily enough I found the RAC has a shop which sells them - weird, but a decent price. 

https://www.racshop.co.uk/thinkware-f800-dash-cam.html

I'll post an update to this thread should this F800 fail to satisfy my needs, but it doesn't seem likely. Never felt safer on the roads! 

Thanks for the responses fellas, much appreciated. 

Scott.