Keeps on going to limp mode

viqar

I am new to this forum so a big hello from me.

I bought a Q5 2010 for my wife.

After a while the engine light came on and the glow plug light and went to limp mode. Went to a mechanic and he said to leave with him he said it was a common fault and need to go on a VAG COM. he then told me it is coming up with Turbo and other things. After a few days I took it from him he said that he had cleared everything. 

But a problem keeps on continuing. while driving it went into limp mode when just kicking it a little on a motorway. The  glow plug  light came up and the car went into limp mode.

We then called the AA and he said that a sensor showed the air filter problem and it was dirty and he sorted it. and he drove it around it was fine.

I asked my wife to drive it easy until i get it serviced which has been but now when she has accelerated it like 300 revs then the glow plug started flashing and going to limp mode again.

When switched it off then it is better and no glow plug light.

Can any one help please.

Thank you

Viq

Hi - welcome.

This may or may not help, but I had an issue with an A3 a few years back with exactly the same thing.

Called out Audi Assistance (RAC) and it turned out to be a sensor issue with the accelerator pedal getting a bit of dirt in it and triggering an error! He cleaned it out and was absolutely fine after that.