Spot of luck

Got dragged (Kicking and Screaming) to our boys school fate which turned out to be a good thing was a guy there promoting his business Forces Re Engineered http://www.forcesreengineered.com/

Turns out only 5 mins from my house and a VAG Engineer his qualifications are impressive 

http://www.forcesreengineered.com/qualifications.html

i`m booking a service on my car soon 😀

If his prices are good this will be my new goto guys

Just a bit of advise about garages and services ... 

I have to do mine but i looked online for parts etc... 

So for full set of parts i paid online £150 and i know these are good quality parts , not the cheapest garage will get 

Also cabin and air filter i changed myself. 10 min job ! I will attempt to change oil filter as well as looking on yt that is 15 min job. 

I would do the oil change as well but i have not got the space... 

Now talking about engine oil ... for audi diesel cars the oil needs to be 504.00/507.00 spec , god knows what oil garage is using 

So that is my view on garages 🙂 advice is to ask ask and ask lots of questions and request info on parts they use? It would be intresting what answer would they give 

And yes i know the stamp in the book may be important for selling the car ...

i know what your saying m8 but this guy worked for VAG and porsche as a tech and has said will service as per audi spec and will also run vsdc and actually give me the codes and the meanings  unlike Audi itself.

this guy and his apprentices are a non profit project garage and i believe he is not out to rip people off, a lot of what needs doing i can not do myself as i dont have the skill or experience 

I belive there is a lot of good garages out there 🙂 .but like every buissnes it needs to make money 

And im not saying what you do is wrong in any way . Its just my personal opinion 🙂

For what it is worth, I see some very valid points from both sides. These are some of my observations:- 

The forces re engineered website is a very poor 'advert' for their 'business' , and if this is a nationally promoted scheme then someone really needs to get their act together and inject some website promotion expertise here. The concept is to be applauded, but...

I'm not sure whether the person you were talking to Paul was the actual mechanic or someone promoting the scheme - the latter usually being the case. 

I think Piotr has a very valid point about the origin and quality of parts and oils which will be used - there  is some seriously poor quality aftermarket stock out there  - some bearing bought -out brand names from once respected manufacturers.

Service schedule:- major service, but apparently no inspection of braking system, steering, tyres etc.? 

If it were me, I would make a serious but supportive visit to the set up and see what it is actually like, ask all the questions about part sourcing, makes etc.  then going forward from there. 

It has to be remembered that to be run properly, this has to be funded properly- if only to be able to buy in the parts required to work on the vehicles. 

Perhaps just a few points to keep in mind.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks for input guys

7 hours ago, Magnet said:

I'm not sure whether the person you were talking to Paul was the actual mechanic

the guy i spoke to was the actual mechanic he is the guy training up the apprentices in the garage the charity put them though collage etc.

i have visited the workshop, its clean and tidy and had a good lengthy chat and he has assured me the car will be serviced as per Audi spec using Audi parts unless i was to provide alternative parts which i wont be doing as i want genuine Audi parts fitted.

the image above was taken from Audi website i just used it too show others what a major service from Audi consists of.

as well as the service they will run vcds and let me know of any issues i should know about as well as a complete vehicle inspection i think for my £297.17 i`m getting my moneys worth, i guess only time will tell but i have no concerns in using this garage 

Thanks Paul,

That's  cleared up a few things which will be helpful to others. 

Helping a charity and a good cause is great - and this certainly seems like a good cause. 

As a matter of interest, what would this service cost at a main dealer and again at an independent? I would guess that as a charity, they will be VAT exempt, so as a comparison you would need to add around 20% to their charge to get a fair comparison, so say your just short of £300  with them would come to £360 if VAT was applied as with a main dealer. So I guess the fair comparison would be to ask how much more than £360 ish would this same service cost you at an Audi dealer. 

Of course , cost isn't everything, and as I said, helping a  good cause is rewarding in other ways.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

hi Gareth,Audi major service for my car is £419, my local VW garage quoted somewhere around £260 but i know this is just the service no car inspection or vcds hook up, i am more inclined to use forces re-engineered as i believe my car will be looked after and being ex forces myself i can appreciate what they are trying to do

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just an update final bill for major service and replacement track rod end was £348.74 a lot of money but car is fully serviced and no faults found with it so peace of mind on the road :yahoo:

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 11:27 AM, Paul A6 said:

just an update final bill for major service and replacement track rod end was £348.74 a lot of money but car is fully serviced and no faults found with it so peace of mind on the road :yahoo:

Nice one Paul 🙂