Replacement reg plates

Big_dom91

Went to my local Audi dealership to get some new front and rear plates as the old ones are looking scruffy and just got round to changing them over and when I took the front one off and put the new one on, the drill holes are in the wrong position now can I screw into the plastic we’re the plates mount or should I just take them back and get them to replace them with the same drill holes as the old ones ?

Hello Dom,

Strange, but must be true, but the Audi dealer has actually drilled holes in your new plates? 

Plate suppliers usually (never known any different) simply supply the plates and you have to drill the holes yourself - or fix them with the correct double sidded sticky pads which is more the norm.

If you asked them to drill holes for you then I agree with Paul. If you didn't ask them to drill holes - again as Paul suggests.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Dom,

Strange, but must be true, but the Audi dealer has actually drilled holes in your new plates? 

Plate suppliers usually (never known any different) simply supply the plates and you have to drill the holes yourself - or fix them with the correct double sidded sticky pads which is more the norm.

If you asked them to drill holes for you then I agree with Paul. If you didn't ask them to drill holes - again as Paul suggests.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

He actually just brought them out to me without the holes drilled but i asked him could he drill the holes in for me and he Took them away them come back with th drilled, il be paying a visit tomorrow so hopefully they can sort it 🤞🏼

So this really =

You asked them to drill the holes (unusual)  and they drilled them in the wrong places. I bet they won't be drilled holes for many more customers in the future! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Iv eventually got the rear plate off as the screws were rusted to death and after a slight tap with a screwdriver and hammer to losen the screw the whole plate came off but does anyone know where i can get these plugs as there attached to the old screws abd i cant fit my new plate without them

image.jpg

Thanks for the link but thankfully after a few choice words and some wd40 i managed to pry them out hahaa never known license plates to cause so much trouble 😂😂

• Haha 1