Boot storage panel - device???

Critical_mass

1 minute ago, niedzial1983 said:

Cable in the glovebox ?

Yeah next to the cd player in the clover box i have another unit, that a cable comes out of... looks like it has an old type iphone connection on the end of it. Ill get a pic.

Well from what I've read I'm not the only one where it hasn't worked. Though there is reports of a bovee one working, so ordered one of those to see if it works. Is the 2g mmi the red and black display in the centre? Mine is colour one

Given it another go, found it needs a separate power supply. So plugged it into the 12v socket. Phone connects, but the mmi says it may not be connected correctly. It did at one point say it was initialising, but came to nothing. 

Disappointing. 

Are the Bovee and tune2air the same device?

OK what a palava this is turning into, just to be able to use a bluetooth device. 

So i have version 5140, so bought some cds to update it to v5570. THEN i can try the bluetooth thing again, which i sent back lol.. but ive ordered a different one. Failing that ill reorder the same one again. Also ill be able to check the green hidden menu is set to what it needs to be ..

I realise im talking to myself at the mo, but if it works, itll be useful for others in the future.

11 hours ago, Critical_mass said:

I think im just going to go down the route of a standard MMI to USB cable then just plug a usb pen drive or SSD into it. Seems to be the simpler option tbh.

Sdd wont work. The problem is amout of power usb generates is not enough to run sdd. Memory sticks are fine up to 64gb 

44 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

The  issue might be the cable from ami to tune 2 air. I know there are 3 versions... one with white band , yellow and one more .... not sure what is what 

The tune2air I bought (the wma3000a) had the cable hard wired to it. I've since ordered a bovee 1000a. I realise the tune2air and bovee are the same but the tune2air 1000a isn't available anymore, can't see it for sale. Anyway, the bovee I think uses the original ipod cable that I have. 

So we'll see lol otherwise it'll continue to be a bit of a headache. 

Well that again was disappointing. Upgraded software to the latest and last version for mmi 2g and still hasn't got Bluetooth working. 

Bovee1000 no power to it. Reordered a tune2air again to see if that works again with the updated software. What a joke. 

Final attempt before I revert to the sd card idea. 

Is there a way to Check the ami is active? Could it be that the Bluetooth devices are fine and it is Infact the ami not powering them. 

On 7/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, niedzial1983 said:

The  issue might be the cable from ami to tune 2 air. I know there are 3 versions... one with white band , yellow and one more .... not sure what is what