Which model fits the bill best ????

Looking for my next Audi.  I already own a 03, C5  A6  quattro  180BHP,  2.5TDI  estate. but need more car. 

I looking for  comfort not too noisy,  good boot room, normal extra urban MPG of around high 20s or better. something which is generally known for being a reliable model, has staying power. which is also going to give that 240 to 300 BHP type performance when needed. years looking at are 2003,4  up to  2006 or 8 model "something". And, is not going to kill my bank 3 to 5,000 pounds give or take a few hundred.  Any ideas or am I just on some drugs and don't realize it, ahahah. Or what will this mystery car cost me  ?    I fancy a reasonable A8, 3.5 to 4.2 if I LPG it  S line I expect will way past my budget but who knows .   

I was told, the 3Ltr Quattro  TDI B8 has a strong engine, but the timing chains and other parts can be stupid expensive, if you get problems with these cars. Not sure if that's true. Or is some just trying to put me off. ?   

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I was told, the 3Ltr Quattro  TDI B8 has a strong engine, but the timing chains and other parts can be stupid expensive, if you get problems with these cars. Not sure if that's true. Or is some just trying to put me off. ?   

Not sure what do you mean by B8 ?

On a6 c6 Yes . The 2004-2006 BMK 3.0tdi has these problems 

In 2006 they relised a revised unit ABS 3.0tdi they they improved injestors and injectors. And the 2009 facelifted engine was even better 

Chain wasnt the issue , top tensioners it what the problem is . 

But the "chain" is a problem in all audis... 3.2 and 4.2 petrol had issues . 

Ive been reading on forums that 2011-2013 audis had issues with the chain as well...

1 hour ago, niedzial1983 said:

HAHh  NO  hope really is there; Joking aside, I suppose anyone could say;  name me any car made that  does not have an issue on something somewhere in its man made makeup, or a weak point or two here and there.  Rally push bikes are great except the peddles fell off, ahahah.   Some might call it build in redundancy, who knows!  My toaster and kettle seems to have the build in redundancy aspect to it, they managed that part OK, that never goes wrong, or right however you wanna call it.   

In 2006 they relised a revised unit ABS 3.0tdi they they improved injestors and injectors. And the 2009 facelifted engine was even better 

Ive been reading on forums that 2011-2013 audis had issues with the chain as well...

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2018 at 6:56 AM, niedzial1983 said:

Lawyers in Australia and the USA are examining claims against Audi that several of their cars have been fitted with defective timing chains and tensioners, resulting in early engine failure and unsafe vehicles. Is anything being pursued in the UK about this issue?

Vehicles affected are: 2008 - 2012 A3, A4, A5, Q3, Q5, TT

My granddaughter’s A3 timing chain slipped and wrecked the engine at 88,000 miles.

1 hour ago, DaveW1946 said:

Lawyers in Australia and the USA are examining claims against Audi that several of their cars have been fitted with defective timing chains and tensioners, resulting in early engine failure and unsafe vehicles. Is anything being pursued in the UK about this issue?

Vehicles affected are: 2008 - 2012 A3, A4, A5, Q3, Q5, TT

My granddaughter’s A3 timing chain slipped and wrecked the engine at 88,000 miles.

On a6 c6 is the top tensioners that fail first 

Noted with thanks niedzial1983. My granddaughter’s affected car is an Audi A3 Sport 197 TFSi 2008 1984cc, it’s vin identifies the engine brand, size and type as ZZZ8P and I’m assuming that it falls within the scope of the lawsuits being pursued.