Fitting new headlight

Critical_mass

I'm wondering if anyone has swapped out the halogen reflector headlights for some projector ones you get with the cars fitted with xenons. 

The set I've seen for sale states they inky fit cars that had xenons fitted from factory. But I can't see why, the dimensions will be the same. 

Like my passat that had halogen bulbs but projector lights, I want to fit the headlights, then get an after market hid kit. 

Ok so headlights will fit. But there are few things that you would need to change

- wire loom adaptors

- front bumper with headlight washers + all hoses sprayers etc

- add selfleveling sensors front and back + wirring 

- recode or possibly change central electrics module( requires component protection removal 

- and headlights + blasts + ingiters 

Im sure i forgot about something bit its quite a big job.

And that's to fit it like factory. What if I bought an after market hid kit? Going by your response above I couldnt plug the existing headlight plug into the projector headlights? Then fit a after market hid kit 

Only if you fit them to reflector headlights.

I've fitted them to my passat that has halogen bulbs but projector headlights. Passes mot fine (last Thursday being the latest). Beam pattern and cut off is spot on. 

Don't worry Id never fit hids to the existing reflector lights. That's why I wondering if you could get some after market projector lights for the a6 that I could plug straight into the existing connection. 

In theory yes but most aftermarket headlights are made for european market so the beem patern will not be right for uk. 

I know depo does nice replecments but as far as i know they are for RHD

Notes:

• The added single wires need to be connected to the onboard supply system control unit in order to release the Bi-Xenon switch
  • Please keep in mind that in some countries it is forbidden by law to use HID-lights without auto-leveling