Indicators...

Scott1906

...Are these magical things on your car to INDICATE to other drivers which direction you intend to drive. 

Honestly -- is it illegal to not indicate? Do any police on here ever book anyone for not indicating? I'm SICK to DEATH. I was very very nearly involved in a collision over the weekend due to some careless "driver" failing to properly indicate. I'm very lucky that I was able to react in time and am also lucky have a dash cam in case a situation like this ever actually turns into a crash. 

Some people really do take the fun out of driving. If it were on old driver or new driver in my position I assure you all this would have been a very nasty crash. 

Yup some really stupid drivers out there m8 which is why i too have cams fitted. around my area i find its cab drivers who buy cars with no indicators or they simply forgot they have them 🙂  

7 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

Yup some really stupid drivers out there m8 which is why i too have cams fitted. around my area i find its cab drivers who buy cars with no indicators or they simply forgot they have them 🙂  

Around my area it seems me and a handful of other drivers are the only people who use them! Have they stopped teaching people how to use them in driving lessons or something?? Seems so. 

A few years ago, it was 'macho' ( or whatever the in phrase now is - I'm old!) to drive around with your spot and fog lamps on in an attempt to draw attention to themselves by saying ' look at me - I've got spot lights' . Poor inadequate beings - bless them.

Then - nationally it seems - we have the groups who believe 'it's not macho if you use your indicators'! 

OK summer now,  but when the nights draw in we will have a return of the ' I can go longer than you before putting my lights on ' brigade. This group is easily identified ( but not so easily seen!) since they like to own dark coloured cars - black is best. 

Now if the no lights brigade happen to mate with the no indicator groups then it's safer to simply stay in the house! 

Whatever happened to the one-indicator-flash-per-10mph as taught to the police? Good, sensible and workable. 

Another macho tactic if indicators are used - the one flash as they pull back into your lane at 70 mph. That seems to score highly with the poor inadequately.

Apologies, rant over. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

11 hours ago, Magnet said:

A few years ago, it was 'macho' ( or whatever the in phrase now is - I'm old!) to drive around with your spot and fog lamps on in an attempt to draw attention to themselves by saying ' look at me - I've got spot lights' . Poor inadequate beings - bless them.

Then - nationally it seems - we have the groups who believe 'it's not macho if you use your indicators'! 

OK summer now,  but when the nights draw in we will have a return of the ' I can go longer than you before putting my lights on ' brigade. This group is easily identified ( but not so easily seen!) since they like to own dark coloured cars - black is best. 

Now if the no lights brigade happen to mate with the no indicator groups then it's safer to simply stay in the house! 

Whatever happened to the one-indicator-flash-per-10mph as taught to the police? Good, sensible and workable. 

Another macho tactic if indicators are used - the one flash as they pull back into your lane at 70 mph. That seems to score highly with the poor inadequately.

Apologies, rant over. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

It's a shame we don't live in a world where it's seen as "macho" and "cool" to follow what we've been taught and to follow the rules of driving in order to ensure both our own safety and the safety of those around us when sharing the roads at dangerously high speeds... Oh well. I'm thinking about moving to a little island and enforcing my own driving laws, as well as making not indicating and tailgating punishable by execution. 

What's more macho than not indicating? Beheading those who don't indicate! 🙂😉🙂

Cheers for the reply Gareth.