Online Traffic / MMI Issue

JediDavs
聽Share

Hi Everybody,

I noticed recently that my 'Online' traffic seemed to have stopped working.

After a lot of fault finding I now know the following to be true. My online traffic works - until I log into the MMI using my 8 digit pin.

When I am logged into the MMI using my PIN I receive my online address book, with addresses I have 'send to car' function of the myAudi App. But I receive no traffic data.

If I logout out of the MMI I begin to receive traffic data within 30 seconds and get the 'Online' text in the bottom left.

I have raised a support call with Audi UK, who have passed the fault onto Germany.

I'm hoping this is a fault that has been seen before by somebody? Did you ever get the issue resolved?

I would like to stay logged into the MMI (so that I can pull online addresses from my account), AND receive traffic data. I shouldn't have to keep swapping between the two.

I look forward to any information / stories you have to share!

Many Thanks - Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum Paul, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

as Audi have admitted it's a known fault what are they going to do to rectify it?聽

is there a recall I wonder?聽

cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

You are not alone! 聽At the end of July I noticed that the online traffic had stopped working (bottom left hand corner of the screen shows "TMC"). 聽By accident, I noticed that if my mobile phone was not in the car then the online traffic appeared as normal. 聽 Further investigation showed that when in the car with my phone, turning off bluetooth connection to the phone, either from the phone or the MMI, results in the online traffic starting to work after about 30 secs. Connecting the phone again reverts to TMC only after some period. 聽 Logging out of Audi connect and back in again and rebooting MMI make no difference. 聽I will see what the dealer has to say. 聽

Thanks Adrian, I felt quite lonely for a while!

I have tested the bluetooth off / on trick and can confirm my MMI behave in exactly the same way.

Audi UK give me a call each week to let me know the fault is still being looked at by Germany. I'll pass on this additional info in the hope they can find a fix.

Maybe a quick firmware flash of the MMI at the dealership..? What bugs me is that this used to work without issue. It is obviously a change to the Audi data network that has caused the fault to appear. Let's hope it can be resolved soon!

• 1 month later...

Hi People!

Audi UK gave me a call on Thursday to state the issue had been resolved. Or servers in Germany had been updated / tweaked in some way.聽

I've tested and happy to say that everything is now working back as it should!

Regards - Paul