Please help! Turn off engine and check oil level

gswinny

I've just changed the oil and oil filter on my AUDI  A3 SE 138 TDI  2009  2.0  DIESEL. Now I'm getting a red warning light with the message: Turn off engine and check oil level. The oil I added was 5W 30 as recommended by Halfords and I've checked the oil level which is fine. Can anybody offer me some quick advice? My MOT is booked for the morning. Thank you in advance.

24 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

If you put the right amount of oil in and it has been confirmed by dipping then it's got to be level sensor problem I would have thought.

What’s the likelihood that the sensor would fail after I changed the oil? Surely it’s something I’ve done wrong. 

45 minutes ago, gswinny said:

What’s the likelihood that the sensor would fail after I changed the oil? Surely it’s something I’ve done wrong. 

Could just be a fluke m8, i have an issue with my fuel gauge showing empty happened about 5 months ago and fixed itself just had a major service done on my car and guess what now the fuel gauge is showing an empty tank and not showing any signs of fixing itself this time its been a week now

Spoke to the garage this morning. They reckon that the oil filler sensor can stick to the bottom of the sump if the oil isn’t replaced quickly. Makes sense to me as I left it about half an hour.