Key fob reset

JDB1977

Hi just purchased an Audi A4 s line 2005.I have one key that opens the doors but not the boot and the other only works by using it as a plain key.I have tried to reset it but none have worked,any hints please

Hello James,

I take it you are indeed talking remotes here rather than simply keys.

Probably being pessimistic, but I have tried most (all?) of the procedures found via. numerous online enquiries, and failed to recode the second key fob which came with the car when new, but spent most of its life in the draw. The second key with me will do everything it is supposed to - including starting the car- but it will not remotely lock or unlock the doors. 

In your case it could be worth you googling a number of reset suggestions in the hope one if them may work, but if you fail, the option would be to visit a main dealer or independent to get the recording carried out. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. Did you buy the car from a car sales company? If so, they might rectify this for you, but possibly not due to the car's age and the significance of the issue.

Thanks for advice Gareth,I did the worst thing I started to look on YouTube and everything that I watched and tried multiple times always magically worked first time for them(sarcasm).I have a bad habit of trying to fix things myself,I end up driving my wife mental.I Will let you know how I get on.cheers

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hold the unlock button , insert key into ignition while holding button turn car on whilst still holding the unlock button . Turn car off remove key then release unlock button.

I have to do this every time when battery is disconnected.

good luck