2011 Audi A7 LED headlights

Dani89

Hello! Been in a journey last week in europe and while i was driving on Belgium motorways, a pretty big piece of wood flied into my headlight leaving me with a nicely shattered glass. The lights are still fully working and no errors appear on dashboard.

There are 2 choices in my head: first, try to replace the glass. Second, replace the whole headlight. Searched the internet but i couldn't find anywhere where to buy it (4g8 941 003 AB is the oem code). Do anyone know or have any ideas where to find this damn headlight or its even possible to change just the glass?

20180811_095140.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

As on most model cars, the headlight (rear casing and front lens) come as 1 unit but are actually 2 units married together with not just clips or screws but also with a heat activated rubber seals - stops water ingress.

There are plenty of videos on streaming sites that show people retro fitting or amending their headlights and either used a heat-gun or baking the light in the oven in order to detach the lens from the back casing. I only seem to see successful removals but I'm sure they are plenty more failures and I personally would not try doing it - could frazzle the electricals in the head unit.

Best alternative is to either purchase a replacement from the dealer or do some proper checking before purchasing on eBay (if you want to cut costs).

Sorry, your trip to Belgium ended in a damaged headlight - hope you manage to get it sorted mate