First Audi - S5 or A7?

lil_eddie

Hi all,

I am a long time Audi lover but first time owner (in the next few weeks anyway).

Currently have an Insignia and I like the hatchback saloons as its luxury and practical for a dog owner :)

I have long wanted an A5, but saw a better spec but few years older for the same price are the S5's - which is great as long as it has been looked after. So the 3.0 S5 V6T from 2011/2012 (pre-facelift) is right on budget with a decent spec 3g+ mmi and b+o etc.

However, I stumbled on a local 3.0 TFSI A7 from 2011 with only 30k on the clock, it will cost me less to buy, it is an SE model, but has basically every option added but with BOSE instead of B&O audio. So all in all it is a higher spec, lower price, lower mileage, same age, same engine.

Is there anything less obvious to think about with the A7 over the S5? or vice versa? I am more in love with the S5 but I don't know why apart from the S just makes it sound more sporty when it isn't really.. 

any help, advice, or is the only real difference the interior design and the dimensions? (ignoring the options being different)

Hi Richard, think you may want to take your dog along for a test drive.
I have found the A7s boot (because of the rakish design) can be limited - great for cases and bags but wasn't great for a rabbit hutch and all the paraphernalia that goes with it.

We dog sat a largish golden retriever and that ended up having to sit on the back seat.

Though I would highly recommend the car for driving, comfort and build!
Hope this helps a bit... 
Thanks Mark 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums:yahoo:

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Paul