Speed cameras in Germany

FilipFeelipe

Hi there,

I’m new to this website so if this topic is not appropriate in here I’m sorry. 

I have just got caught by speed camera on Autobahn in Germany. Will they send me fine for speeding to UK? My car plates hasn’t got GB plate as picture mentioned the front of my vehicle.

Kind regards

Hello Filip, 

Interesting question to which I don't have an answer, but someone probably will. 

As a bit more background:- 

How do you know you were caught by a speed camera in Germany? 

Can we take it you have some documents/ notification of fine that has already been issued to you? Where has that been addressed to? 

If you have, it presumably tells you what you have to do. Does it? 

If you haven't received any documents - well I would ask, as you do, are they going to bother to chase you (and the DVLA) now that you are back in the UK? Assuming you are a UK resident, and back there rather than a German one. 

Incidentally, what speed were you doing!? 

Perhaps answers to the above will help others to offer you some advice.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your respond. It happened today so I don’t know literally what’s gonna happen next. Red lasers were pointing on my car & camera flashed. I’ve been searching through a few websites, some of caught ones got letter from German speed enforcement group, some of them didn’t hear anything from them. I thought my speed was slightly above 110 km/h on 80 km/h. Now I started to use Waze App to avoid any other tickets on my way. Would you recommend any other apps to use in Europe?

Kind regards

Sorry to hear this Filip, let's hope they don't send you a letter but.they do have the right to obtain your details from.DVLA I believe. 

Sorry I can't help you more. 

Would love to read about your trip in Germany if you get a chance. 

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I got flashed by a weird speed camera in a small town in Germany.
I say weird....it was a rather bland looking pillar, similar to a bollard which unbeknown to me was full of lasers and cameras which emitted a red beam in any direction (360 degrees).

Was only just over the 20kph limit and never got a ticket through

• 3 months later...