Key Fob and Boot Opening

andy90210

Hi

New to the forum and have a couple of questions ...

1. My boot on my new Q5 is open at random times. It could be that the key fob is going off in my pocket. Looks like it opens after holding down for 1 sec and seems to work from around 100m 

a. If I want to change the time that the key fob needs to be pressed before opening, is this an easy job for a dealership ? Does it cost and do I need the car to go in for the day ? Looks like I could do that via USB port with a device otherwise.
b. Do these key fobs really work from such long distances ? Any way of reducing that ?

2. The electronic handbrake doesn't come on when I park the car and get out. Any way of having that happen automatically in case I forget ?

3. On the wireless charging mat, I quite often put my iPhone and it works most of the time except annoyingly, I get a message from time to time on the dash saying it can't be charged as there is something else in the cradle (even though there isn't and there's nothing plugged into the USB).

Thanks !
Andy

23 hours ago, andy90210 said:

2. The electronic handbrake doesn't come on when I park the car and get out. Any way of having that happen automatically in case I forget ?

I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your question, but would like to hear what people say about this one as it's a bugbear of mine.

B

Hi Andy, I suspect the q5 would need to go in for the day but apart from recoding I don't think Audi would want to do much. 

I would definitely get them to check the wireless cradle though, as it should work every time in my opinion. 

Cheers

Steve