Used A6 buying advice please

Johnskeaf

Hi A6 owners,

I'm new to this forum and new to Audi, in fact I'm hoping to buy my first audi in the next few weeks. 

I live in Ireland and I'm looking to buy either an A6, hoping around 2015 facelift model saloon...but not 100% sure yet on the trim level. S-line seems to be the one to get but I've seen so many variances between used models it's hard to find one that ticks all the boxes. Then do I go with the 190bhp 2lt or got for a 3lt, with more power and most importantly Quattro. 

Also, whichever one I buy; I'm looking for the following spec at minimum; matrix headlights, bigger mmi screen with the second colour version screen in the dash, full electric seats and with memory (which seems missing in this age range). 4 zone climate would also be nice.

Could you offer any buying advice and guidance on the spec? Does the black edition cover everything above or is it luck on which ever extras the previous owner had.

Lastly; would really like an A7 but for the same money as a 2015 A6, I'm likely looking at a 2012/3 A7. 

I'm willing to buy in the UK and import it here, but have to factor in the VRT tax.

Thanks folks

John

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Still haven't bought one, but I've made up my mind. I am going to hold off for an A7. My wish list would be the quattro 313 Bi-turbo version, so that's what I'm going to target. I know it will probably require a couple of extra trips to the Diesel pump each week, but I'm guessing it's worth it and doable. 

The A6 is a smashing car; but there're so many of them here in Ireland and I'm really drawn to the shape, engine and even the practicality of the hatch-back style boot opening in the A7. I've got a Skoda superb at the moment; which has it and many more clever touches, so would like to continue to an Audi with similar features. 

Financially, the A6 is a better buy, i.e. probably two years difference on the number plate, versus buying an A7 for the same money. Anyway; I just need to bite the bullet and go get one. 

John