Stereo upgrade

ProdigalSon73

Hi Guys,

New to the forum i have a normal old style cd & tape player 2006 model, i wanted to know if i could purchase an audi sat nav system and it would plug & go, i sit a straight forward change ?!?

Thanks for help 

• 1 month later...

Hi Jason, besides the head unit you'll need the relevant modules for signal etc and it may all need to be coded into the car. Your best bet is getting an aftermarket touch screen anroid type system.wgich are becoming common place.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 months later...

An old post I know but totally agree with Steve Q, I do car audio for a living and have for 42 years, I have actually done such a thing for a customer to upgrade his Audi A4 to the RNSE I think? Sat Nav audio unit that he bought for 400 quid from eBay Lithuania etc, the job was a complete nightmare & install cost was a further £300 & customer loved the look & all but hated the crud Blaupunkt German built Nav unit as everything was completely out of date & upgrading - updating CD or DVD Rom maps cost him a further fortune & even then it was totally slow and laborious putting addresses in that the unit didn't know!

I would say to anyone asking the same "Would You buy a Tom Tom or Garmin Sat Nav that was from 2006? NO You would not, so why even contemplate putting a 2006-7 old technology unit in your 2006-7 vehicle? Or would you like to wind your windows computer back to a 586 to Win95 or  XP? or go back to using a Nokia 6310i instead of an iPhone 6,7,8 or 10 or Android equivalent? No ya wouldn't! So don't even think about retrofitting original equipment from the period of your vehicle it is pure costly madness! Go Kenwood DNX series instead.

• 1 year later...

Hello Danny,

Many thanks for getting in touch. 

The poster Phil, has not returned to the forum since this post at least 18 months ago. 

Not wishing to judge the legitimacy of any arrangement with  ‘non -authorised’ adverts for services on this or any other forum ( sure Incarexpert will understand) but it’s probably wise to proceed with caution with any arrangements you make with such contacts. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.