Fans running high after engine off.

Quattro8

Hi guys, just wanted to double check on this, I've got a 2011 a3 2 litre diesel just brought my car home after a short 5 mile drive and after switching the car off the fans were still running very loud,  which I'm aware is normal to cool the engine however I waited a good 5 minutes and they were still going loud, so I restarted the engine and shut it off and they stopped.  Just wanted to check this as my previous fiesta needed a new relay because the fans got stuck on. Don't want to chance leaving the car for work to come back to a dead battery. 

Is it normal or should I get it checked?

Cheers. 

13 hours ago, Peto Pedro said:

I had exactly same thing they will stop bcos they cooling.. it is caused by DPF I had it removed remaped and no fans spinning anymore after turning engine off

have you had an mot since dpf removed cos under new mot rules a tempered with or removed dpf is an mot failure 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mot-changes-20-may-2018

42 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

have you had an mot since dpf removed cos under new mot rules a tempered with or removed dpf is an mot failure 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mot-changes-20-may-2018

Yes it was beginning of the may  Truth is they don't give fk about some environment sht.. they just want money

Hello Paul,

Appreciate this isn't MOT rules! - but forum rules :- 

I like your posts which remind members to read the rules - all nice, tidy and civilised! 

I know the forum edits unacceptable words- by  blanking out these words with - ***? 

I notice it doesn't do the same when posters use abbreviated (just letters) instead of the actual unacceptable forum words though! 

Any reason why not, since it is exactly the same, and clearly understood word.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Gareth.