Fog light drl help

Dynamo86

Hi,

I've configured the car so that the fog lights are DRL instead of the headlight DRL's.

The problem is that the original headlight DRL's are still on and look horrible because their yellow! Anyone know if it's possible to turn them off as DRL's?

Cheers.

image.jpeg

On 9/17/2018 at 11:06 AM, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum John, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

im.syre you can with diagnostic equipment but can I ask what the benefit is to loose your foglights for DRLs? 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response!

I have  VAGCOM lead and I want to keep the fog lights as the DRL instead of the headlight, I'm trying to turn them off completely as DRL's but I'm unsure how to. I want to keep the fogs on as I think they look much better as DRLs.

Just now, niedzial1983 said:

There is a chance they are incorrectly codded 

There is the info how to 

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A3/S3_%26_A3_Cabriolet_(8P/FM)_Tweaks

Ye thanks. I'm also thinking I've done something wrong, but then I see the below note from Ross website and wonder if it's because of that:

Note: Depending on the Byte 18 coding, this may result in all of the parking lights illuminating.