Audi Music Interface Not Showing iPhone As Playable Media?

SOH-Fox

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post on this forum and was hoping to get some help/advice on a problem on my 2014 A3 S-Line.

I have recently just purchased this car and I am still getting to grips with the MMI etc. The car came with the Audi Music Interface cable to USB output and I thought I could use this to play music from my iPhone through the usb. When I plug my charging cable into the adapter it charges the phone but does not show on the MMI screen the iPod/iPhone as a playable media and says AMI is not connected.

Bluetooth for my iPhone works great and I can play the music and make calls through this but would like the option to play through my usb too. Has anybody else experienced this problem and managed to get it resolved or have any suggestions on how I can get it to work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,

I picked up my A3 yesterday and had a similar problem. Have you got anything else plugged into the other usb slots? I had my dash cam plugged in and it was defaulting to that every time before my phone. Once I unplugged it the phone connected straight away. Just a suggestion

• 4 weeks later...

Have you sorted your problem?

Just a thought. Are you using a genuine Apple cable? I have bought some off eBay in the past and found them a bit hit and miss. Some are OK and others will charge the phone but not transfer data. Have you tried a different cable?

• 5 months later...

I had the same issue with my 2014. I have found that using the AMI iPod 30 pin connector (with the RED tip, not the black or blue as they're for different apple generations), combined with the genuine apple lightning to 30 pin adapter works with my iPhone X. It shows all my albums, playlists, artists etc from Apple Music/iTunes as well. Hope this helps 🙂