?glow plug issue?

Joelslob123

Hi, 

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, 

Was driving to work last night, glow plug warning light starts flashing, car goes into limp mode, stop at traffic light, switch engine off/on, light gone, ?odd smell from exhaust. 

Drove home this morning with no warning lights, no noticeable issue, not sure if I had a little less power in high revs or if I was imagining things. 

This something to worry about? Anyone had a similar issue with a known cause? Seen very mixed and unhelpful results online. 

Just a bit of info, for the last 2 months car has only been driven short 3 mile journeys, had no long runs for that duration, not sure if that would affect things 

Thanks for any help chaps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum Joel, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

if you're using your car only for short journeys then this could be the problem. As your dog gets clogged with soot which causes the EML light to come on. My advice would be to take the car on a good run on a duel carriage way or motorway once a week.

cheers

Steve

Hello Steve,

You should not feed your dog soot! And you certainly should not run its little legs off on the motorway.

Predictive text! Good isn't it.

It always brings a smile - thanks for that.

Hope all is well with you.

Kind regards,

Gareth.