Someone help!

Keanu

Can anyone help me, I’ve got an A3 2007 it’s got loss of power and acceleration, the revs isn’t normal and it stalls when it wants to.. Ive took it for a smoke test and a vacuum test and nothing could be found. Many thanks

Hello Keanu,

How long have you owned this car? - useful to know if these symptoms have developed over time during your ownership, or if you have 'acquired' them with the car. 

Does it smoke at any time (appreciate you comments about smoke test)? Does it smell of diesel at any time? 

Sorry about all the questions, but detail help.

Not meaning to be critical - but constructive- it would be worth posting a brief dcription of the problem in the title, rather than just 'Help needed'.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi, I’ve had the car for around 7 months it’s only happened in the last 2 months .. it started off by just stalling and then the revs starting going funny. Like at the minute the revs could be normal then you lift your foot of the clutch a tiny bit so the car moves forward and then press the clutch back down the revs will just go up rather than dropping back down, there’s no smoke or smell.

i unplugged the maf sensor and took it out and the power was still the same, rather than getting better or worse so I’m gunna try a new one on there and see what happens because at the minute there’s hardly any power there compared to before and poor acceleration and on a rare accation it feels like it’s miss firing and then after it’s done that ill drive home and it’ll stall.

many thanks

keanu

Keanu.

There are many, many faults that could cause those symptoms, so I would not like to guess which is the correct one. I caution against fitting new parts at random because, unless you are exceptionally lucky, you could end up paying a lot more than if you had taken the car to a garage for diagnosis.