Fog light conversion to LED or Xeon

TB gone speedy

Good morning! First go at a forum post as I gave up finding the question I was looking to answer. 

As I lock my Audi A4 2009 s line I walk away and have the headlights, DRL and fog lights on. This is great but my big gripe is that the fog lights have that horrible yellow glow and I want to convert to LED or Xeon (whatever is whiter and brighter). 

Any advice on what to buy as to not bring up any error codes. Some sell just bulbs others (seen on u tube) convert with a whole wiring loom??? 

Any help is much Appreciated -Tom 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Have the following installed on my S4 B8 and 3 other family cars, has a good beam pattern which means it does not dazzle other drivers and works as a fog light. Never had an issue in very low / high temps, been a solid performer and expect them to last the lifetime of the car. They are a direct replacement, super easy to install and do not cause any error codes.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-x-treme-ultinon-led-headlamp-h8-h11-h16

There is now a gen2 version of these bulbs which is rated 250% brighter.

All the best

Ed

• Thanks 1

Putting xenon in fogs will not pass MOT . Also leds can possibly show faults on dash or flash every 30 seconds as the car checks for faulty bulbs 

I have on my a6 c6 h7 halogen bulb with a blue tint. It gives white light 🙂

Thank you Ed much appreciated that’s the kind of confident response I was looking for.  Thank you Niedzial appreciate the input, may swing by my local MOT garage and get a feel for what they call “pass” and “fail” (I know from past experience some garages can be harsher on certain things or less bothered than others).