A6 Avant 2.7 c6

Joe Leman
聽Share

Hi looking to find a supplier for a single mass flywheel for 2.7 c6

Have the dreaded clutch judder not slipping but spoiling the driving experience

Do not want to fit another dual mass unless unless absolutely forced into it.

Regards Joe 馃憤

Hello Joe,聽

Nice to have a fellow Welshman on here.聽

I' m not sure if the following experience is going to be of any help to you:-

We have just had a new (LUK - wouldn't use anything else except main dealer parts)聽聽clutch in the 2006 1.6 (solid flywheel) due to clutch judder. Mileage 148k. This clutch had never been smooth from new. I was聽banned from doing this work - on age grounds!- but as I understand it, the plate had plenty of life left in it,聽but the thrust bearing聽was the culprit. Not surprised , since in the end, you could feel a pulsing on the pedal. The new thrust carrier was plastic! (Original one the same I guess). Not an engineering masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination! Well done VAG.

The reason for me telling you all of this? Is your judder due to the DMF? Of course, the flywheel will need to be examined and might need changing, and it might be worth looking for a solid replacement, but all possibly questionable. But there again, doing homework frequently 聽pays off.聽

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Good morning Gareth聽

Clutch needs to come apart and whatever the problem proves to be would wish

to fit a single mass flywheel having read so much about dmf 鈥榮 failing聽

Seeing plenty of suppliers for the smaller capacity Audi engines but not the V6 2.7

Hopeful that someone on this site will come up with the answer have had quite a few

previous issues resolved on here.

Regarding age grounds am in the same category myself having been in Mech Engineering

and worked 10 years past retirement age the desire to do it myself is still there but not the ability聽

the box on this V6 is a bit of a lump.

Best Regards Joe聽

• 2 months later...