After market Apple Carplay?

mobile73

HI, I have recently inherited a 2009 Audi A4 with Symphony Audio system. Have seen in a few places the option to purchase an Apple Carplay system which sits seamlessly in terms of look and feel with the OEM stereo. Does anyone have any experience of this device and if it is worth the investment?

Hiya yeah I have it I’ve had it a few months now and I love it mate my only finding in that time is sometimes not all the time it has a conflict with the cars Bluetooth so if someone calls you the CarPlay wants to use it’s bluetooth rather than the Audi Bluetooth other than that it’s spot on! I did a YouTube video showing mine the day I fitted it 

Thanks - that is really helpful. How hard or easy was it to fit? Never done anything like that before!

Couple of things. Can you use the sat nav on carplay whilst listening to the normal car radio, or does it cut out as you have to use the media?

How does the lightening cable connect? These things tend not to have the largest shelf life so is it easy to switch out the cable for a new one if it stops working?