About to purchase Q7 help please with model choice

Frank Sebem

Hi all

I am close to buying a Q7. Realisticly I can only afford a 2016 model but I’m thinking I might be missing out on something if the 2017 model is a lot better and has tools/toys/extras that the 2016 doesn’t have. I ask this because Last year I bought a Range Rover Sport. I had only had the car a couple of days when a friend (who had a 6 month newer Range Rover Sport) told me “If you had got the next model year up you would of got all these extra bits”. I was baffled! Our cars were the same model. Mine was 2016 Reg. His was 2017 Reg. They are the same vehicle! However it appears that there was a slight product modification that I had missed out on (even though the cars were identical) and he had extra bits and toys. So, I am writing here to ask you guys if there is any difference on Q7 from 2016 & 2017. Yes, I understand one model is newer than the other but is there any big technology differences between the models?

thank you all. 

I just got mine and brought with the heart and in a way, wished I had brought it from the nearer source instead of the slightly cheaper S Line with less mileage. Damn thing broke down and this garage in Oldham just said - 30 day warranty has gone! Too much grief trying to get it back!

The joys of car ownership. Look at loads, don't be hasty and buy the one that gives you that feeling rather than looking at keyless start and entry and is further away etc....

This sounds like you purchased from S cars ????

he has loads of them, all cut about and all with TVs screens and side steps. Avoid at all costs. Asked about trade in of my toureg top of the range and he tried telling me it was the mid range one !.  Not a garage I would ever entertain so pass this on. He also has a lot of range rovers for sale