Vehicle Electronics Malfunction! Shift to P before leaving car. Contact Service

Anam

Hello Anamul,

Wouldn't  be sure, but sometimes the Park isolator switch can become worn, and although the lever is in Park, the switch may not be properly 'made'. You've probably done this, but try wiggling the selector lever when in Park to see if this does anything for the message. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 7 months later...

MINE IS GIVING ME THE SAME WARNING SIGN A DAY AFTER MAJOR SERVICE...WENT TO THE DEALER, THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A PART ON THE GEAR BOX THAT'S FINISHED MIND DUE THEY DIDN'T DIAGNOSE IT..WHICH WILL COST ME R23000 WHEN THAT LADY EXPLAINED

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I just bought a Audi a3 Quattro it’s saying electric fault put the car in park and contact workshop it’s happening then stopping, my key batterie low it wouldn’t be that would it I’m going to get new one now like 

As Gareth says if you've bought it from a dealer within 30 days then they have the obligation to fix it FOC. 

At the very least the car will need a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. As it's an electrical issue it might be worth getting the battery checked as a failing battery can cause various electrical gremlins 

I hâve had the same problem for about 3 years, I’ve changed the battery and service it regularly, it hasn’t effected anything with the performance, so I’ve just left it