Filters

Linda clark

Hello Linda,

Can we take it you have tried Audi dealers, but not had any success due to the car's age? 

Even if you have made some enquiries there, it may be worth popping in (again?) ,and asking if they have a system whereby they can check (older on the shelf) stock at all dealers. 

Obviuosly getting the gearbox oil should not be an issue. 

Cambelt :- excuse my ignorance, but does this engine run on a belt or does us run on a chain? 

If a belt, Google 'Gates cambelts' and this should lead you to a UK Technical contact for their belts. In my opinion, these are the best aftermarket belts you will get, and I'm sure they will point you to their part number for the kit you need, then you can approach local motor factors, or on line ones, to check availability.

One potential issue:- cambelts are changed on a mileage and age basis, and the age may be as little as 5 years. Question:- how do you know how old the 'new' belt is that you are buying to fit? Already over 5 years old?? Worth asking Gates how you would know - from a batch number? 

Last point:- it's always worth changing the main (serpentine) drive belt - and its tensioner - at the same time. Ask Gates for the part no. for that as well. 

Please come back again if you are still stuck. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.