Audi A6 for sale or scrap 1996

Heckford1234

Hi all new to site I have got a barn find it's a Audi A6 2.6 petrol and gas converted with 135 thousand on  it got put in there in 2011 after having mot work done of 600 pounds then a service it got drove 10 miles then put there the question is do I scrap it or try sell it and if so what it worth thanks in advance 

Hello Martin,

As you probably realise, 7 years standing means new tyres, renewing brake fluid and checking systems, before any other expenditure and deterioration work is undertaken. Totting that up, probably means there isn't much left for profit, if you bought it to pass on, as I guess was the intention, otherwise it would just be a question of you recommissioning it and enjoying it. 

If it were mine, I would not be breaking it, since this is hard work, and you are always left to clear the unwanted bits. 

Of course Martin, we don't know what the condition of this car is, what you paid for it, and what your longer term plan was for it, so it's rather difficult to advise. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks Gareth all it is really is I think it is to good to scrap and wanted it to go to someone that either needed bits for one or wanted to restore it the only thing really I can see on it is front and rear bumpers have scrapes on them other than that every thing else is in very good condition even interior 

thanks martin

Hello Martin,

Sounds like the mind has been made up, so all that is now needed is to get it advertised - on here could be a start.

Additional advertising:- Classic Car Weekly, Classic Car Buyer, Classic Motor Mart. There is another relatively new publication- name evades at moment, but  Modern Classics?? 

Good luck in finding it a good home.

Kind regards,

Gareth.