irritating and dangerous windscreen wipers

queue3

I have recently bought a 4 year old Q3 which has only done 25,000 miles. It is unusual being in colbalt blue with pistachio beige and truffle leather insides and lots of toys.

It was lovely to drive until it started raining. The passenger wiper did not stop when vertical as in every other car I have driven. It comes to the part of the window I am looking through and dumps a pile of water so I cannot see until the drivers wiper comes back. This is irritating and, I think, dangerous.

The end of the passengers wiper ends up slightly to the right of a line directly above the steering wheel and is not parallel with the other wiper like this / I.  

Are the wipers like this on your Q3?

Hello Tony,

I'm not sure about the detail of your particular model, but it's not uncommon for many makes and models to suffer not-the-best wiper arrangements in right hand drive form.

I believe ( and leaving it open to correction) that worldwide, something like 80%?  plus of vehicle production is to cater for a left hand drive set up, and as such you may find that if you sit in the passenger seat! the wiper set up may be far more acceptable. Daft I know, but economics matter, and I am pretty sure that all new car design development starts from a LHD concept, and if they can - for example- harmonise the wiper set up, then that is what they will do. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.