Audi a4 avant 2002

Sean4211031

I'm in need of a reg plate light unit for an Audi a4 avant 2002 which includes the key barrel. The can anyone help me out obtaining one as Audi are extortionate in pricing wanting over 230 pound. I have anyone breaking one or spots one it would be greatly appreciated if you could help 

Update. The original part for this. Car the unit is made from magnesium metal making it prone to corrosion and cracking. Which happened on my wife's car. Went to the local vag scrap yard today to find henhad one in the same state and it broke in his hands. He went and took one off an Audi a3 from the year above with the face lift and it was a plastic unit but conoletely compatible and had same wiring. So they obviously changed the material the following years after it becoming a common fault. Hope this helps anyone. Only trouble now is finding the reg of the car to request a key for the boot 😩 hope the info helps other in similar situation. The a3s 03 models have same unit but better material to last. Thanks Graham appreciate the reply ill make a note of that place for future reference 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 5:54 PM, Sean4211031 said:

Update. The original part for this. Car the unit is made from magnesium metal making it prone to corrosion and cracking. Which happened on my wife's car. Went to the local vag scrap yard today to find henhad one in the same state and it broke in his hands. He went and took one off an Audi a3 from the year above with the face lift and it was a plastic unit but conoletely compatible and had same wiring. So they obviously changed the material the following years after it becoming a common fault. Hope this helps anyone. Only trouble now is finding the reg of the car to request a key for the boot 😩 hope the info helps other in similar situation. The a3s 03 models have same unit but better material to last. Thanks Graham appreciate the reply ill make a note of that place for future reference 

Great update Sean. Thanks for the info and glad you got sorted 🙂

cheers

Steve