Christmas tree dash

MLC788
聽Share

This is the pic of my dash after a 10 minute this morning 馃槼 stop start fault, traction control fault, parking brake fault, parking brake assist not working, abs light on, abs system fault and that triangle warning which wasn鈥檛 in the manual. Oh and tyre pressure system fault and pressure light on. Checked pressures all fine so after having spent 拢500 last Monday with Audi Eastbourne on full service and brake fluid change I phoned them it鈥檚 now been recovered to their garage and will hopefully be sorted in the morning. I鈥檓 hoping I don鈥檛 have to pay for what鈥檚 wrong with it as I gave them a perfect car before they did their work and now it obviously has something wrong it. Also the MMI came up in German after service 馃檮. Any ideas what could be wrong people or anyone seen all these warnings before?聽

Cheers聽

matt聽

145DDC0B-4CCD-4334-9749-ADEC8DE2AFBC.jpeg

Hello Matt,

I would suspect the battery, and if so, it might聽requirer聽renewing (assuming it hasn't already聽been renewed, and that the charging system is operating as it should).聽聽

Paying for what is wrong? Servicing is just that - servicing the items which require servicing. Repairs or聽replacement of comsumable items is a different thing. Unfortunately, batteries ( if this is indeed the issue) is obviously a comsumable item, but is likely to be cheaper to replace than many other components which could possibly be at fault.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi magnet聽

thank you for reply. I know will be unlikely they鈥檒l pay but will obviously try and blag it depending on what鈥檚 wrong. They said they鈥檇 let me know first thing and will post back on here.聽

Lots of other people online had same issue and cause is ABS sensor after heavy rain which I鈥檝e had down here recently. If so do you have any idea of cost on these or whether I can clean or replace myself?聽

Regards

matt

Update:

audi saying it鈥檚 wiring from the abs sensor to the control module going to be 拢400+ 100 for part then the rest labor and vat!! Seems odd the brake fluid change last week now having abs issues....just wondering if they left air in the system would this cause electrical issue from the pump or the module?

matt

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, MLC788 said:

Update:

audi saying it鈥檚 wiring from the abs sensor to the control module going to be 拢400+ 100 for part then the rest labor and vat!! Seems odd the brake fluid change last week now having abs issues....just wondering if they left air in the system would this cause electrical issue from the pump or the module?

matt

Not quite relevant to that extent, but had the same issue on my VW Jetta a month or so ago. If I had seen the post prior to posting now I would have put money down on the ABS sensor. Mine went a day after a service including brake fluid change. Apparently quite common across the VAG group. Get a used unit off eBay with the same part number and transfer the config file over. Cost me a total of 拢200 this way for mine.

Thanks Mr Filipov聽

seems odd yours went after brake fluid change and service 馃

had it all done with Audi in the end and asked them to relocate the cable as it was next to moving parts 馃檮 and checked other 3 corners so doesn鈥檛 happen again. Cost me nearly 拢400 in the end.

cheers for the heads up on this anyway mate