Help advice needed on an audi R8.

I'm looking to buy my dream car! I have very little knowledge of engines, but really need some advice on what parts are needed for this R8. Is it worth buying if I can get it cheap? Helpful / constructive advice is much appreciated. 

_20181118_184139.JPG

_20181118_184114.JPG

Hello David,

In the absence of any other replies, I wonder if some of the following may help:- 

'........ very little knowledge of engines' ......... Just do not allow yourself to go near any (in caps!) secondhand car, with a wallet in your pocket without being chaperoned! No ifs, no buts.... 

Always work on the principle that viewing any car with a consideration to buy it, kicks in a very very high risk (in fact a certainty) that you will simply fall in love with the idea, and we all know what they say about the effect of love on your eyesight! 

'Is it worth buying if I can buy it cheap?' . Even if you were thinking of buying a reputable Brand X car 'because it's cheap' yet you don't have the ability or equipment to repair the car, is unlikely to render it an economic proposition.     R8?? 

This car seems to be a complete unknown to you even - leave alone us on here who are being called upon to advise. 

Two things I would suggest:- 

It's worth continuing to dream of owning such a car until a 'fully known about' example - within your price bracket - comes your way, and when it does, you engage the services of a fully experienced assessor of the actual condition of the car you are being offered, before signing up to taking ownership. 

If this car is within your price bracket, and you like the look of it, buy it, and put it on the drive, clean and polish it, and just enjoy sitting in it from time to time. 

Apologies David, if all of this appears rather contra productive in terms of your question, but my personal opinion (and other might well disagree) is that this love affair could end costing you in the long run. 

Having said that, we are only privy to very sketchy detail on this car, and you would need to share far more facts if you are to get any meaningful advice from your enquiry on here. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth, 

Totally appreciate what your saying. This is currently up for auction tomorrow and have limited knowledge of the car. I've been searching the Internet to get as much info. I've come across the guy who did diagnostics on the car 2 years ago. 

This would be the 4th car in the household and I'm looking to get it to sit with my Audi W12. Alternatively I'm looking at the Q7 V12. 

Again, thanks for your input.