Clock spring swap for mfsw a4 b7

ImJB

I swapped my steering wheel over from a 4 spoke without mf controls to a nice 3 spoke mfsw with paddles.

I changed the clock spring because it was the one with only 6 connectors to the 12 pin connector.

the module for cruise and mfsw is already installed.

long story short. Steering wheel is working, cruise is working, controls function properly and illuminate no coding needed for the controls. The paddles illuminate but do not work at the moment obviously some coding will be needed.

The problem is that after this install I have the air bag light and tc light illuminated usually these clear after short drive but the are not clearing, had my mate check with his good machine and got 

P1854 code

Any ideas what I’ve done wrong here I don’t like the lights any input would be appreciated.

cheers John 

Hi John, I think you're right and coding should fix the issue. However I heard a rumour nthat not all steering bwheels were interchangeable and you should ideally get one from near to the same year as yours. I could be wrong but I'm sure it's something I read on Facebook so it definitely could be hit or miss. 

Cheers

Steve