AUDI A5 3.2 FSI replacement battery

bigmoonface

Hi, I bought a new battery about a week ago and was about to fit it last weekend when I noticed the it was marked as "12V - 85AH" while my old battery was marked "12V - 95AH". 

Concerned I abandoned the installation and email the seller who has not as yet replied to me! The seller site says the battery is compatible with my car but I went on Amazon and their site said it was not compatible!!  

The battery I bought was the Bosch S5 010 12V 85Ah Type 110. Can anyone confirm if this battery is compatible\suitable??

Many thanks

Hello Chris,

A good place to start is the handbook for the car. That usually - or did- gives you the recommended battery specification. 

Would this be the first battery change (I guess so) and if so what is quoted on the original  Audi branded battery should be what you should go for. 

OK 85Ah vs 95Ah is no great deal difference, but what I would be more interested in is the cold cranking current (CCA) comparison - old to new batteries. 

Compatibility sites? - notoriously unreliable. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for letting us know Chris.

It seems you are buying a 5 year guarantee Bosch (their top of the guarantee range) so all should be well once you have established you are indeed buying the correct one. It seems Bosch are rebranded Varta - or is it vice versa? - and Varta were very popular with from-new OEM fittment with many marques. 

Just incase it helps anyone else:- I have bought such batteries from Battery Megastore (make sure you buy via. eBay or they will charge you carriage - odd isn't it!? ) and Plymouth Batteries for Bosch. Both at good prices and service. No connection, and there many other retailers. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.